Newcastle Women’s Aid Registered Charity Number: 1139393
Registered Company Number: 07413723
Since 1975 Newcastle Women's Aid has supported thousands of women and children who have been affected by domestic abuse.
- 1 in 4 women in England and Wales will experience domestic abuse in their lifetime. (Crime Survey of England and Wales, 2013/14)
- 20% of children in the UK have been exposed to domestic abuse (Radford et al, NSPCC, 2011)
Why the community needs us
The need for our service is identified by women who have been affected by domestic abuse and agencies and services working with these families. Our aim is to safeguard and empower women to achieve positive outcomes and have a life free from abuse. We work closely with local services and agencies to ensure women and children have access to essential services.
You can support us in the following ways:
- Making a donation via our Local Giving link
- Fundraising on our behalf
- Nominating us for charitable support with local businesses
- By following us on Facebook and Twitter
- Organise your own fundraising event
If you would like to support our work please get in touch with us on 0191 2610504
Could you be a voluntary Director/Trustee?
Newcastle Women's Aid is governed by a Board of Directors, who bring skills and expertise in many areas.
We are keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Directors and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you would like to find out more information about the role of Director/Trustee please contact Elaine Langshaw on 0191 2610504