Living with domestic abuse will impact on many areas of our lives and the effects can be far ranging.
DAFS can offer a flexible and structured package of support to women who have been affected by domestic abuse.
We recognise that a flexible, longer term package of support is required if a woman is to achieve and maintain her safety and independence.
DAFS explores the choices available to women based on their support needs.
A personalised support plan reflects individual’s needs and informs how we will work together to achieve agreed aims and aspirations.
Personal support plans are reviewed regularly in order to respond to fluctuating needs.
DAFS can offer 1 to 1 support and group-work which focuses on recovery and staying safe.
Our package of support will include:
- support to maintain safety
- practical and emotional support
- health and wellbeing
- increase confidence
- regain control and make informed decisions
- learn to manage day to day life skills and be independent
- manage finances/benefits
- sustain and maintain your home/accommodation
- establish and maintain positive relationships
- reconnect within the community
- signposting to other relevant specialist agencies
- working with other agencies to increase your safety