Living with domestic abuse will impact on many areas of our lives and the effects can be far ranging
DAFS offers a flexible and structured package of support to women who have been affected by domestic abuse.
We recognise that a flexible, longer term package of support is required if a woman is to achieve and maintain her safety and independence.
DAFS explores options available to women based on their support needs.
An individual safety and support plan informs how we will work together to achieve agreed outcomes.
Support plans are reviewed regularly in order to respond to changing needs.
DAFS package of support includes:
- One to One person centred support
- Flexible meetings with a specialist domestic abuse support worker
- Individual needs and risk assessment, safety and support planning
- Practical and emotional support to maintain safety, health and wellbeing
- Advocacy to support independent living
- Signposting to other relevant specialist agencies
- Working with other agencies to improve safety and wellbeing