Newcastle Women’s Aid has over 45 years’ experience of providing specialist support services
Our experience tells us that when women are living with domestic abuse they quite often can’t make sense of why or what is happening and are likely to blame themselves.
Our group programme provides opportunities for women to recognise domestic abuse, its impacts and explore options so the process of recovery can begin.
The Freedom Programme is an 11-week programme focusing on the tactics and behaviours used within abusive relationships.
The Freedom Programme:
- Explores domestic abuse
- Gives us a greater understanding about how abusive behaviours are used to gain power and control in an abusive relationship
- Explores the impacts living with domestic abuse can have on women and children
- Provides opportunities for women to develop ways of thinking and behaving to protect themselves and their children from domestic abuse
- Increase’s women’s ability to take control of their lives
- Identifies the beliefs held by abusive men and society
- Increases women’s ability to recognise what steps they need to take to keep themselves and their children safe
To make a referral
- Ensure the participant agrees to the referral
- Contact us on 0191 2610504
- Self-referrals and agency referrals are accepted